This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you tell your parents your pregnant?
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM

Definitely find out 100% sure if you are not before dropping that kind of bomb on them.

I'm 22 and this is my first pregnancy. I told my mom over facebook. It was her birthday and my friend commented on her wall saying "Happy Birthday, don't do anything I wouldn't do!" and I commented "oh no, I'm getting a little brother or sister" so my mom replied with "yeah right, you're next on the baby making list not me!" and I wrote " ya right GRANDMA!" (she is a grandma, my brother has a son) then she replied with "OMG, REALLY?!!" which then I had to apologize and say I thought it was funny because I wasn't pregnant. Little did I really know....3 days later I took a test and I am pregnant! By that time my mom already knew because she didn't think I was telling the truth with my "it was funny, I'm not really pregnant!" line. So I let it go for an entire week saying "no mom I'm not pregnant" but she got it out of my husband.

My mom is thrilled beyond belief! My dad has just now started to come around and I'm fairly certain it's only because he wants me to attend my grandpa's 80th birthday party this weekend and he knows I'm scared to be near him because he's really angry. My parents have known for 2 weeks. I'm only 7 weeks but I found out at 4 weeks. Anywho.....My dad is only anger with the situation because my husband and I both just got laid off at work so we don't have the greatest income but it's turning around now.

So this is how my parents reacted and I'm a married adult. You're a teenager, don't expect it to be a pretty situation!

My advice is:
Have a plan.
Get a job and have the dad get a job.
Finish your education (it will be hard but you have to do it, there's online schooling, GED, etc. get your grade 12!)
Get your license.
Save up for a car and baby items.
Have a place to go stay if your parents freak out on you. A relative, friend, etc.
Agree with your parents, admit you made a mistake but now you're owning up to it.

Parents want you to prove you're trying to handle the situation on your own. I know you're a child still but life is only going to get harder for you with your own child.
I hope your parents stand by you and help you out but some parents will not. I hope you're ready for this.

Sorry this is so long!
Best of luck and if you need to chat with someone, feel free to message me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Brittany - 11-09-2012 06:56 PM
[] - Tiffany - 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
[] - Hollywood - 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
[] - Jenna!(: - 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
[] - Fearlessvoyage746 - 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
[] - emachine - 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
[] - Quanda/Twins - 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM