This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not getting along well with my mom, I need advice?
10-02-2012, 10:33 PM

First off realize you're not at fault here for anything. Your mom is the one being selfish. Your mom needs time to sort things out with this new relationship, to me it sounds like she's jumping into it too quickly. I'm not judging your mother by any means, but I think your mom needs a reality check. That may sound bad, but your mom has to realize that you are a great kid and to cut you a little slack. As far as your mom pushing you aside for this new man. Hmmm...... sounds to me like she's going at this relationship a little too quickly. Question? Probably none of my business but did your mom get any councilling after her breakup with your dad?? I'm betting some of this is also caused from your mother wanting you as her daughter not to make the same mistakes she has made. In some ways it sounds like your mom thinks she may have failed at the previous relationship and now she's trying a bit too hard, to prove to her children and more to herself that she isn't a failure when it comes to life long compainionship. Would your mom ever consider councilling with you present?? It may help to talk about feelings you have in regards to her changed attitude. And it may also help for her to realize that she doesn't have to play the superhero, that it's okay that relationships fail and she doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. Instead of worrying about your mom having been apart from you in the first few weeks of the new relationship, (something that's already done and over with), don't hold resentment towards her. Why don't you try doing something nice for her, idk, maybe surprise her by cooking supper one night or something, and ask her if you can have a girls night with her or some girl time with her on the weekends. Life is too short, be supportive of each other. Mom, whether she realizes it or not, right now, still needs you in her life. She's just confused and trying to sort her life out. Be helpful, don't argue or flip out on her. Simply like I said ask her for girl time. You never know she may surprise you and say, that would be nice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Zach - 10-02-2012, 10:33 PM
[] - Whitney - 10-02-2012, 10:33 PM
[] - Sublime Tangerine - 10-02-2012, 10:33 PM
[] - Tammy - 10-02-2012 10:33 PM