This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I'm RECEIVING child support and I OWE arrears on another case, will they take my child support to pay that?
11-09-2012, 08:21 PM

I don't know as I'm from the UK and I'm assuming you live in the US?

Anyway, from what I have heard (on tv etc) you will get the child support from your ex wife as normal to use for your son. You will have to pay the arrears and current child support for your other child out of your own money. It's important that you pay it and don't just neglect it as no one likes a man or woman that refuses to support their child. Even though you have a child in your custody, you still have to pay for the other one as it was your choice to have 2 children with 2 different women.

Never the less, it's good to hear that you have stepped up and are taking care of your son. Imagine your wife didn't pay you child support, you'd struggle wouldn't you? Well your other ex has struggled while you weren't paying child support and WILL need the arrears and regular child support to help support YOUR other child.

Good luck Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - ? - 11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
[] - bonn - 11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
[] - Shanequa - 11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
[] - SunnyDays - 11-09-2012 08:21 PM
[] - answer please - 11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
[] - Merrygovernor962 - 11-09-2012, 08:21 PM