This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My parents dont give me freedom?
10-02-2012, 10:42 PM

Sonia: you're a lucky girl--you have a father who cares. Freedom is a great thing to have, but unless it's guarded by wisdom, it can lead to dangerous places.

Let me tell you a quick story. Almost 8 years ago, I watched my only daughter be born. She's still a cute little girl, and I love her to pieces. I've tried to teach her right from wrong, and get her ready to, one day, be a mom of her own kids.

She's going to grow up, start liking guys, hanging with friends. etc. Maybe she'll want a Twitter account, or a Facebook page, and maybe I'll be okay with that. Maybe I won't.

She might not be happy if I I say "no," though. But if I *do* say "no," it's because I know there are jerks out there who wouldn't think twice about hurting her.

But you know what? I love *her*--then, now, and in the future--enough that I'm willing to risk her (with her limited experience) getting mad at me *now* in order to help prevent her from making mistakes that might hurt her for the rest of her life.

Because I know things she doesn't know, and won't know for years to come. Because I'm her father, and have promised to take care of her. Because I love her.

As for your cousin, I'm no sure what's going on there, so I'll just leave that alone.

Seriously, though--count your blessings that your dad cares enough to be involved in your life. Fewer and fewer dads are like that. And honestly, one day, you will wake up to realise that he was right.

Find freedom in your books and your studies. Building your mind will free you *so* much more than spending time at a mall with friends. You still need time with them, sure, but don't focus so much on what you *don't* have that you miss the great things you *do* have.

You'll be alright. Smile

(Just as a heads up, it's a bit difficult to look at the title and think, "That' a mature person.")
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My parents dont give me freedom? - Sonia - 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM
[] - Cass - 10-02-2012, 10:42 PM
[] - Zach Kennedy - 10-02-2012, 10:42 PM
[] - Madeline - 10-02-2012, 10:42 PM
[] - Ramon C - 10-02-2012, 10:42 PM
[] - Stan J - 10-02-2012 10:42 PM