This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is having strict parents good for teenagers for their adulthood? Please read and help.?
10-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Is having strict parents good for teenagers for their adulthood? Please read and help.?
I'm 16. Most of the people or friends who I meet my age tells me that I look like or act like I'm going to rebel once I get out of the house. I didn't think that was true until I started acting like I was in private towards my own self. I always look at my friends or who used to be my friends, and they have lots of pictures up of them having fun, and going out. I think some of them were in a Limo going to a birthday party. Which kind of made me feel bad a bit because I never was invited to any.
But here are some the things that I think are strict that my mom and her boyfriend(fiancee) does :
1. Can't have a facebook or a twitter
2. Can't have any social networking sites.
3. Can't text anybody else on my cell phone except for my cousins, my mom and her boyfriend. I can only text like one or two friends.
4. Not allowed to go anywhere with friends or if their parents are their. My mom has too be their at all times.
5. Can't take any pics of myself. I can't even put them on my phone, then they'll think I'll be doing something that I'm not supposed to be doing.
6. Can't date until College. I wasn't going date in high school because things could happen. Then my moms boyfriend didn't want me dating until after college. But I kept asking my mom and grandma about the family tradition dating rule.
7. They won't let me wear clothes that fit or show my curves. They always get something that's big on me or falls off.
8. My mom rarely lets me go out. If she does it's with her.
9. I can't really get what I want. I have to wait for my birthday. My mom can afford stuff. Really she can. But she's just cheap. We have a huge house with a lot of space in it.
10. Whenever he comes over I have to wash his dishes because he never washes them out. Which makes me mad. When ever we go to a hotel he always takes the t.v. remote control, and never let me watches it. Every time he says that I'll get it the next, and I never do.
11. Whenever we get name call each other playfully he doesn't like it. He says I disrespected him. Which I think isn't true.
12. If I don't do what he says sometimes he says that I don't follow directions or listen which isn't true.
Plus my personality came to be shy to extreme shy in the last couple of years. I known him since I was 8. He's older than my mom he's like in his 60's. My mom is 41. Whenever him and my mom gets into an argument he always says she can't respect him because he's a strong independent black man. He's like a activist. He always trying to make me study when I'm trying to enjoy my last days of vacation. He can't live with me.
What do you think I should do? Is this good for my adult years?
I have this feeling that I may rebel once I move out. Or turn 18.
Will college be better than high school? Mostly everybody in high school picked on me my Freshmen year. My sophomore year I moved it was really boring, and nobody really picked on me But my Junior year haven't started yet. Please what do I do?
I make good grades in school A's and B's. My G.P.A. was a 3.4 last year.
I try to keep up with the friends that I talk too. I'm not supposed to be on here either.
I'm just too shy to talk to new people, and I'm very observant and read people like a book.
I found out some very harsh secrets about how he really feels about some of my family members which makes me upset. I was fake sleeping. When I found out. I know too much info. I'm an only child from my mom.
He was actually talking to my mom about our family. My mom just sat their not doing or saying anything until he was done. She still didn't address that with him. Which made me not trust him even more. The only freedom I have is with my grandma my mom don't listen to her hardly. So whenever summer comes I'm always going to my grandma's house because I can actually see my other two best friends who still lives in the same state.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is having strict parents good for teenagers for their adulthood? Please read and help.? - honey - 10-02-2012 11:31 PM
[] - ? - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
[] - . - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
[] - Potatoes are cool - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
[] - Dt - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
[] - Đecember - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
[] - Cookie Meter - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
[] - jollybook759 - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
[] - Catalan Nova - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
[] - jiminy billu - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
[] - boo - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
[] - loudshoe156 - 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM