This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is this bible verse referring to, exactly?
11-09-2012, 08:45 PM

EDIT: The guy above me and the guy below me made it sound SOOO confusing. Let me make it simple for you.

Luke 21:35 is talking about the last days, and we should read the context to see exactly what it's trying to say.

(Luke 24:31-36) “But pay attention to yourselves that YOUR hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon YOU 35 as a snare. For it will come in upon all those dwelling upon the face of all the earth. 36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that YOU may succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur"

It's talking about the last days, that we shouldn't be consumed in all of our anxieties and self pleasurable goals, but instead we should "Keep awake" spiritually and "pay attention to ourselves" spiritually. Why? because "suddenly that day[Armageddon] be instantly upon YOU". So why be "weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life" when we should be keeping ourselves alert to spiritual dangers?.

2Tim 3:1-5 speaks about the attitudes of people in our day today. The Bible encourages, just as the scripture you pointed out, that we should focus on storing up treasures in heaven, not on earth lay a fine foundation that contributes to a healthy spiritual life. Why waste our life on materialism and getting caught up in the anxieties of life when it's soon going to pass away at Armageddon? It's encouraging us to "succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur".(verse 35)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Sam - 11-09-2012, 08:45 PM
[] - rapturefuture - 11-09-2012, 08:45 PM
[] - loginphp-jw - 11-09-2012 08:45 PM
[] - Victor Johnson - 11-09-2012, 08:45 PM