This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone explain to my why people would take pictures at a funeral?
11-09-2012, 08:55 PM

It's a family tradition on my mom's side of the family to take photos at funerals for keep sakes. In 1992 my Granny passed away in Baltimore, MD. We couldn't attend the funeral so my Aunt took photos and sent them to us. They were beautiful! Of her in the casket and the flower arrangements. Grave side services.

The next time we took photos was at my Grandpa's funeral in Sedalia. I just did it so I could remember his last moments before we buried him.

Then we couldn't made my Uncles funeral in Maryland so we had pictures of the service and then when we came and spread his ashes we took video of it.

The last pictures I took at a funeral were of my Father's and I'm glad we did. My mom, bro and I had pictures taken next to him at the casket. Then when we buried him in Knob Noster the Air Force Base was doing stealth bombing training and during the service they flew about five times and we were lucky and some friends brought camera's to and got photos for us. When I got home we uploaded the photos of the funeral and burial on Facebook so family and some select friends could see.

Bottom line it depends on the family. Some like mine consider it a final celebration of a persons life. Others may just think its plain odd or stupid. We take pictures of our babies that come into the world. Its only right that we should be able to take photos after we have left this world.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - just-me - 11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
[] - sanam - 11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
[] - Matt p - 11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
[] - maryjane.texas - 11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
[] - slytherin_95 - 11-09-2012 08:55 PM