This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I permanently delete my facebook account?
11-09-2012, 09:39 PM

It's not going to be easy, I can tell you that. I once read an article online about how scandalous facebook is, and one of the main topics was how hard it is to actually delete, not deactivate, an account.

Basically, you'll need to e-mail Facebook saying that's what you want to do. The person who wrote the article I read, when he tried doing that he had to have a back-and-forth argument with Facebook for a good amount of time before they would allow him to do it.

Once they agree to delete it, you have to take everything off your Facebook by hand. Every picture, every blog, every single thing you ever put on there must be taken off by you personally. Have fun.

Once you've done that, e-mail them again and they should take care of it. They will/probably will keep any information they got from you during the time your Facebook account was active. Facebook is known keeping private information on all those who have an account. That's one of the many reasons why I've never gotten one.

Hopefully they've made the deletion process easier, but as far as I know this is still the way it's done. Good luck.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jon - 11-09-2012 09:39 PM
[] - Bookbinder - 11-09-2012, 09:39 PM
[] - Allison M - 11-09-2012, 09:39 PM