This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whyyy doooo peopleeee typeee likeeee thisss? =)?
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM

Technology breeds both illiteracy and stupidity. 20 years ago, you'd never see bad spelling, grammar, etc.in any media since most people had to manually type, write, and check their work, and manually doing this kind of stuff by hand would take more time and make you look more ridiculous to boot.

Today, major media outlets, magazines, websites, games, etc. are full of bad spelling, grammar, and word use, along with idiotic stuff like you've described. I was reading a major magazine yesterday, and noted a dozen errors on one page alone in a single article. As it becomes easier and faster to type and process, people become lazier, and as more and more people see others being as lazy, they themselves decide "Why not". It's easy to hold a keyboard key down to type out a single letter in a couple of seconds or less. No one would ever consider doing it with a pen or pencil, or a manual typewriter.

It's important to note also that not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier are burning when you see this stuff - the Internet has shown just how much I & S there really is in the world. We've just been happily unaware of it for many years, or at least those my age. Though I've made my career out of technological advances for many years, this is one aspect of advances I could do without, as well as the rest of the human race.

It's bad enough when people do it by mistake, but really irritating as you've said when it's done intentionally. I view such individuals as Darwin Award candidates. Maybe they'll win or be runner-ups.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - ? - 11-09-2012 10:34 PM
[] - Confused - 11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
[] - tbshmkr - 11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
[] - Neil - 11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
[] - Barbara - 11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
[] - sarah_jayne03 - 11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
[] - iba_p - 11-09-2012, 10:34 PM