This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it risky to give out credit card and other personal info for Internet ads offering something for free?
11-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Is it risky to give out credit card and other personal info for Internet ads offering something for free?
I get lots of marketing emails offering "free" products but then they ask for personal information such as credit card info so that they can deduct a minimal shipping and handling fee. Is this some kind of scam? Some of them tell you you have to sign up for one or two offers from a list of about 2 dozen in order to get the "free" item. Isn't this unfair marketing or illegal? I get these emails all the time and after I start filling in the required information I realize I'm getting taken because they want your personal information and try to make it seem innocent by telling you they have to collect a S & H fee.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is it risky to give out credit card and other personal info for Internet ads offering something for free? - jazzyguy17 - 11-16-2012 12:40 PM
[] - Robert W - 11-16-2012, 12:48 PM
[] - Tim O - 11-16-2012, 12:48 PM
[] - Red Rum - 11-16-2012, 12:48 PM
[] - zealousface939 - 11-16-2012, 12:48 PM