This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How low does the stock market have to drop until we are in another Great Depression?
11-18-2012, 01:15 PM

The Stock Market can drop all it wants. The Great Depression is all about jobs. After the Stock Market Crash in 1929 companies folded and people lost their jobs. The Government had to step in to create jobs by building roads, and bridges. (i.e. Hover Dam)

So in a round about way the stock market can be an indicator that we will go into another Great Depression, but no one can predict that.

Depending on what our government does will determine a direction our society will head, and that will depend a lot on who we elect as President and for Congress. Democrats tend to lean towards more social programs (code for tax increases), whereas Republicans lean towards Free Market solutions (code for tax cuts for companies).

Depending on where you are currently (I want to work or I want the government to help me out) in this crisis, will also dictate how we as a society choose our next leaders.

Hopefully it wont be as bad as the first one. At least out of the first great depression, we as a country learned a lot and our government stepped up to the plate to protect the American people... But my gut feeling is that this will be very different since we are not the only ones hurting.

-Sprout
http://www.baconvsprout.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - pagodaboy2001 - 11-18-2012, 01:15 PM
[] - steepeye364 - 11-18-2012, 01:15 PM
[] - Sprout - 11-18-2012 01:15 PM
[] - Shaun R - 11-18-2012, 01:15 PM
[] - Nev_619dx - 11-18-2012, 01:15 PM