This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where can I get customers who want a website?
11-18-2012, 01:16 PM

The market for web jobs definitely isn't what it used to be.

Do everything you can as far as marketing yourself:

Print business cards and hand them out to as many people as you can. Even if they don't seem like they need a website, they may know someone who does and end up sending them your way.

Search for free classifieds like Craigslist and post once a week.

Search for businesses in your area, find their website, and if they're far less sophisticated than what you can do, contact them (cold call) and offer your services. This can also be done for businesses outside your area.

Market your company website any way you can. Join social networking sites, get listed on all the major search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) Get backlinks to your site, as many as you can. The more links to your site the better.

Start a blog and write about what you can offer. Post everyday. Get as many visitors as you can. Link to your site. Broad search terms like "web design" won't help you, the market is already saturated. Optimize your site or blog for narrowed search terms like "wordpress theme design" or "CSS layouts", etc.

Search for "web development forums", join a few, read, and ask around for ideas on how you can drum up business.

I'm sure there are a ton of other ideas but I can't think of them right now.

Hope this helped a bit.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Annoyingwish665 - 11-18-2012 01:16 PM
[] - FC - 11-18-2012, 01:16 PM