This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are Human Rights groups bothering China when US is home to some of the worst personal crimes in the world?
11-19-2012, 02:07 AM

China, is without doubt, the safest country I have been too. I am living here now, in part because of that and because I love the Chinese people........little of my decision has to do with their government.

What most people know of their government and China in general would fit in a thimble. What they THINK they know would fit in a barrel.

Read on:

---------------
. “China is now Communist in name only after three decades of market reforms which along with breakneck growth have brought income disparities, widespread corruption and an ideological vacuum.” BEIJING (Reuters) May 17, 2007.

That paragraph stunned me the first time I read it, for the first time in the west I have seen a major news organization, Reuters, accurately say that China is Communist in name only, something I have been saying since my first visit here.

Where I take exception to the paragraph is the tone and the impression it gives. By saying things like, “breakneck growth have brought income disparities,” while not pointing out we have roughly the same disparity, “widespread corruption,” without point out corruption has been a huge problem in China since the beginning of time while giving the impression it is a new phenomenon all while ignoring that China is currently taking huge steps to fight it, and the final blanket statement, “ideological vacuum.” Pretty much meaning, no freedom of thought, press, politics, social welfare, and economy. Claiming this has little bases on reality. There are tens of thousands of Chinese blogs that hit every issue under the sun, unfortunately for the west, its all in Chinese so it is little noticed. Press, there is state run papers as well as private. I know reporters from both and the state run are up to the edicts of the state, while the private ones, for the most part are not. Politics. For the most part, the Chinese people are pretty apathetic. This has nothing to do with repression, its that they really do not seem to care. The biggest reason is that they have had 5,000 years of repressive rule and it is only in the last two decade that is being reversed. Therefore, in China, apathy is a way of life. China has a social welfare system in place. Plus they have one of the biggest free market systems anywhere in the world where they encourage people to open businesses. 20 years ago, 100% of the businesses were state owned, now that is less then 30% and is being reduced daily as more and more is being handed over to private enterprise.
--------------

The above is but one aspect of China. There are more found through my profile.

Signed, an ex pat from the USA living in the heart of China.

Peace

Jim

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - dirtyezi0 - 11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
[] - yukyuk101 - 11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
[] - ahiddentableau - 11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
[] - Lee L - 11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
[] - cwomo - 11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
[] - terra221 - 11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
[] - just plain jim - 11-19-2012 02:07 AM