This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are most Libertarians for unrestricted immigration provided that welfare is abolished?
11-19-2012, 02:10 AM

That's an interesting question because it does TEST the beliefs of Libertarians, who by and large consider themselves advocates of personal freedom as well as strict constitutionalists. They do oppose the Welfare system but would they oppose open borders and a responsible path to citizenship based on work history and overall assimilation into a new culture? I think not and I consider myself "some kind" of libertarian. The kind who believes in a small government (because the bigger the government, the more control it will have and therefore the more likely it will be to be taken over by special and powerful interests) and personal freedom so long as it does not harm and/or take away from another. Of course those ideals are predicated on a fair economic system that rewards merit and not "who you know" and also be able to support the contributions of people willing to work. I don't believe true Libertarian ideas have to be limited by geography and, personally, I don't dig on hating a bunch of poor, exploited people just because they weren't born in this country.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Socrates - 11-19-2012, 02:10 AM
[] - Nicholas J - 11-19-2012, 02:10 AM
[] - Zee-ster - 11-19-2012 02:10 AM
[] - scottso360 - 11-19-2012, 02:10 AM
[] - joshuahowitt - 11-19-2012, 02:10 AM