This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get more targeted followers for my business for free on Twitter?
10-03-2012, 05:13 PM

Hi Jenny,

if you really want to make Twitter valuable, you'll need to find existing and possible customers. The best way to do this is to use twitter.search.com. I work for a digital marketing group, so my business is obviously a bit different to yours but the methods I use should still be useful.

Think about what sort of things people who can use your business will be talking about -I always try to find people asking quaestions I can help with: As an example, let's say you have a lawnmower company and want to find people you can sell to.

Go to twitter.search.com and type in a search - you'll want to use phrases like "How do i", " help" " advice" and (of course) "lawnmowers". Twitter search understands some search terms (I've posted a link at the bottom that explains all this) so your search should look something like this:
Lawn, Mower "lawnmowers" help, OR anyone, OR suggest, OR need, OR how ? -http

(the -http bit will get rid of anyone else posting links to their own business)

hit 'enter' and you'll find people asking for help - you might also want to enter your town name to find local business.

As well as practical things like that, try looking up your competitors and seeing who is following them, as well as local groups that might need your services. Always try to offer extra value, so for instance you might offer exclusive coupons through Twitter or customer service.

I hope that's helpful - feel free to ask me if you need more specific helpSmile

Best,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - The sandman - 10-03-2012, 05:13 PM
[] - Issa - 10-03-2012, 05:13 PM
[] - lexx - 10-03-2012 05:13 PM
[] - Brenda Wealthy - 10-03-2012, 05:13 PM
[] - Quency Jones - 10-03-2012, 05:13 PM