This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To what extent should the canadian governement intervene in the market economy?
11-19-2012, 03:13 AM

For an economics question you would have to first discuss a few issues with government intervention, I would recommend you find 3 topics.
Firstly define government intervention and what a market economy is, in Economics "Government intervention is when the Government intervenes to solve problems caused by the market, this is known as market failure. " (My definition is a bit rough I haven't been learning my definitions in awhile).
Then choose a topic, something like Government policies to stop negative externalities caused by the market. Lets say this negative externality is pollution, there are many policies such as Cap n Trade and Carbon Offsetting, you should look into this yourself. Firstly explain what the policies are and then explain why they are good and why they are bad, and then evaluate relating it to the Canadian government. Maybe in after explaining Carbon offsetting saying why its good you can evaluate saying "However, despite carbon offsetting giving the incentive to firms to reduce pollution and invest into more environmentally friendly methods this is less significant for large firms that make bigger profits who can simply pay off their pollution levels." or "Carbon offsetting may cause firms to reduce their polllution levels but there is no real way of measuring the level of pollution and therefore it is ineffective".
You could either evaluate saying why it can be done or why its not good ... and relate it to real life.
Remember, choose a few topics, explain them, evaluate.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - John - 11-19-2012 03:13 AM
[] - Jem - 11-19-2012, 03:13 AM
[] - Anjaree - 11-19-2012, 03:13 AM
[] - William Hartanto - 11-19-2012, 03:13 AM