This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looks like you win again, Anorexia. So upset with myself, I just missed a major event for this disorder.?
11-26-2012, 08:48 PM

First thing you need to do is face this monster. Anorexia is not as uncommon as you may think. 4 out of 10 people suffer from it to some degree.
Anorexia can arise from several different factors, young girls mimicking there idols brings increasing pressure to gain the ideal weight, a less than perfect family life often abuse within the family is thought to play a part in the onset of Anorexia. Genetic factors also seem to play a role with some documentation of anorexia being hereditary to some extent. Another reason thought to be a cause is depression, exam results as we all know can be daunting and at some time or other we have all lost our appetite a little when under pressure or worried.
It is a mental problem that is no joke.
3 out of 10 die from it within 20 years of its appearance if not treated.
But relax, most people do fully recover from it.
To begin with I read into your message your emotional condition. This is a very important key to combating this condition. No one likes looking into the mirror to see a skeleton staring back at them.
Now, I have successfully treated a number of people with anorexia. Lol, YES, they ALL recovered!
Even the most stubborn cases of people with anorexia are able to swallow. If not, they would die within days from dehydration.
So, start off with a light liquid diet. I recommend you put 1/2 of a supplement as ensure with water.
At 99 pounds any type of nourishment will stick to your bones. [ no pun intended]
Then, eventually, get yourself able to swallow a full container of ensure. [ there are similar products ]
Supplements as ensure have a pretty complete balance of nourishment.
Then try juicing things as carrots fruits, things like that.
Most victims of anorexia do not have a "gag" reflex. If you do, then you need to be fed intravenously.
Continue with the liquid diet. Eventually add eggs into your drink. [ don't worry about salmonella, you need protein.!]
As your weight increases so shall your emotional attitude.
4 ensures + 4 eggs gives you about 1,700 calories.
Do NOT be idle!
Get into a light exercise program. Working out with light weights is good since it will stimulate your body to replenish the lost calories while building up your attitude as you begin to notice muscles beginning to grow.
Continue on this program, while also receiving psychological treatment, and as you notice the pounds being gained and the growth of muscle you will likely want to increase your caloric intake by drinking more high calorie supplements.
When you see the bathroom scale go from 99 to say 115 pounds your brain will release endorphins, making you feel well.
Eventually, you will actually WANT to add solid food to your diet.
You will discover that you may find a particular food you have a "taste" for.
One of my patients found that they suddenly had a craving for crab meat.
Know this, the more weight you gain and the more muscle growth you see your now positive attitude will demand you eat more and more.
Lol, one patient..[ a man ].. actually became a body-builder!
One thing to keep in mind is this: Do NOT expect recovery to happen overnight.!
I may take a year or maybe even longer.
But know this: You CAN overcome this monster! Most suffers do.
-
Word of caution: If you are unable to follow this method, if you are unable to keep down even diluted caloric supplements seek medical attention!!! Some [ only a few ] people with anorexia need to be fed either intravenously or by feeding tubes.
Anorexia is a condition that makes no apologies.
However, I think you will have success using my treatment. Just do not expect immediate results!
Good luck...Merry Christmas..Happy New Year..
You can win over this beast. Remember don't expect quick results. Be happy if you gain only 1/2 pound during the first week or two. Keep this in mind...it is 1/2 pound you haven't lost!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Rid - 11-26-2012, 08:48 PM
[] - Ushie - 11-26-2012 08:48 PM