This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to stop my children from talking back to me?
11-26-2012, 08:40 PM
How to stop my children from talking back to me?
I have a daughter who's 15 years old and a son who's 13 years old, as well as another daughter who's 12 years old and a son who's 17 years old. About an hour ago, I told my 15 year old daughter to take a shower and go to bed because her bedtime is at 9:30 pm. She got a REALLY bad attitude and told me to "Give her 15 minutes because she's talking on the phone". I told her that she has 2 privileges, either hang up the phone or NO sleepover saturday. She told me "Oh my GOD, let me be DAMN". Yes, she said the D word in my face. So I told her NO party this weekend, and she got mad and hung up the phone. As she walked down stairs, she was stumping and slammed the bathroom door and told me to LEAVE HER ALONE.

Then my 13 year old son and my 17 year old son was playing the video game. There are three bath tubs in our home. I told my 13 year old son to get off the video game. he got mad and said that he BARELY had time to do anything. As he got upset, he banged the walL and went down stairs. Then my 17 year old son on the other hand is going to be 18 years old in a few months. So he mostly has responsibility for his actions. But I told him that it wouldn't hurt him to finish his homework. Of course he thinks he's already grown, so he thought that he was too good to take a shower and complete homework. He also has a quiz tomorrow. So of course I left.

Last, my 12 year old daughter locks her room and chats on Facebook and Twitter ALL DAY. I knocked on her door. She couldn't hear me because of all the music. It took her about 11 minutes to open the door. As she opens the door, she tells me that SHE'S BUSY and NEED privacy. I told her to get off the computer and go take a shower. She also didn't complete her homework, which she sneakily does at 12 o'clock at night. She told me that she took a shower I came home. I understood that, so I told her to get ready for bed at 9:15. She get mad and tells me that her FRIENDS DON'T HAVE A BED TIME. As I was scolding her about her attitude and talking back to me, she slams her door in my face and continue turning up her music.

What is wrong with kids and these technology these days? I work as a physical therapist. I learned that children who doesn't get much sleep often get their growth stunted and weaker bones as they grow older. I am worried about my children and these technology. I need parenting tips FAST.
My husband is a doctor, who works 11 hours per day.
@Frank, I studies more psychology than you ever did. So I know how the brain developes it's stimulative senses and how it can receive information. Please talk what you know before criticizing my parenting skills. I ASKED for parenting TIPS, not what I am doing wrong.
@Frank, I studies more psychology than you ever did. So I know how the brain developes it's stimulative senses and how it can receive information. Please talk what you know before criticizing my parenting skills. I ASKED for parenting TIPS, not what I am doing wrong.
None of my children are sleep right now. I am going to end up in rehab dealing with these children. Imagine what it's like dealing with FOUR children everyday. They say money buys happiness, but not with children, even with an income of 270k.
@Summer Bear, Thank you so much. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to stop my children from talking back to me? - Arra - 11-26-2012 08:40 PM
[] - Lee - 11-26-2012, 08:49 PM
[] - Aileen - 11-26-2012, 08:49 PM
[] - David - 11-26-2012, 08:49 PM
[] - Frank - 11-26-2012, 08:49 PM
[] - dallas - 11-26-2012, 08:49 PM
[] - That Guy - 11-26-2012, 08:49 PM