This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Writers: If you were published...(Random writerly questions)?
11-27-2012, 06:40 AM

If you were published, would you:

1) YES! i would because I would hope that writers would do the same for me, before I get published.

2) Hmm seems a little arrogant, but if they asked me for one, I would.

3) Again, a little arrogant. But if I received multiple requests I might.

4) Definitely! The good ones make me smile, the bad help me improve.

5) No, I would be humbled to be asked my opinion on a book but I would never disrespect another author's work because chances are that theyre better than me. I might say that I'm not the biggest fan, followed by a compliment.

6) If I'm asked sure, perhaps.

7) Of course! I would love to meet people who I (hopefully) inspire, the same way I love meeting my idols.

8) Of course! I would be honored that they would want the signature of a three year old, but hey...

9) Hmm I think that's a bit much, but I still probably would. (:

10) YES! I love traveling, and it would be very interesting to see how different people react to my book.

11) No, but not because I would have to pay for it, but because I don't want my book to be anything more than a book. no products, no movie, no anything else. that's ridiculous, in my opinion.

12) definitely! its the least I could do.

13) Noooo not unless I got completely overwhelmed, but to me that's a little sign of arrogance, too. I mean authors shouldnt need assistants. If JK Rowling doesnt need one, nor do I.

14) Hmm I don't think so. Well maybe to get my book out there, but once a few people have read it, I would just not worry about it. If you like it, you like it. I don't want tons of merchandise and wild fans and all that.

15) I would love that, because I would love to communicate with my favorite authors so I would gladly talk to my fans. If I had any lol

16) Of course I would! I would be so flattered that they do that, it would seriously be the smallest way to thank them.

17) Hmm that would be a cool thing to do! But I don't think I would, unless it was just a really really minor extra because, to me, names say a lot about a person and I can't write a personality based on a name. its the other way around

18) noooooooo. Wow that would be pointless because they would all say they liked it, and I want honest opinions.

19) No, again, wayyy too arrogant. People will like, and people will hate. I might not be proud or publicize the bad reviews, but I'm not going to show off the good ones.

20) I know what you mean, but I dont think so. I would if I only had a few fans (which is actually realistic haha) but if I ever got a lot, I would just feel bad that I didn't respond to their things. I would if they were like the creator of a fan website or something, though.

21) Hmm I don't think so. If I did, i would try to be humble and just say "If you want to get in touch with other people who like this genre, here are some great sites with nice people." type of thing.

22) Hmm maybe in raffles, but I don't think I would just throw them at random people haha.

23) yes, because I wish my favorite authors would.

24) Well, I wish I could reject them, but that seems rude. I guess I would because I would be offended if an idol rejected my gift. But I would put a note on my website or whatever that I don't want gifts.

25) If I wasn't busy that day, i probably would. It would get tedious after a while and I would probably only do big book groups, not small 5 person book clubs. no I would not charge.

This was fun, but these are all based on the assumption that I will write a book that becomes popular, which is very unlikely.

Good luck
-Kat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Lady Ranger-Ninja - 11-27-2012, 06:40 AM
[] - Nicola - 11-27-2012, 06:40 AM
[] - Kα†η¡ςς - 11-27-2012 06:40 AM
[] - Wishful Thinking - 11-27-2012, 06:40 AM
[] - Vmeste v Parizhe - 11-27-2012, 06:40 AM
[] - Hedgi - 11-27-2012, 06:40 AM
[] - Ritsuka ♥ Grell - 11-27-2012, 06:40 AM