This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When a company goes public who profits from the sales of shares the corporation or the stock holder?
11-27-2012, 06:32 AM
When a company goes public who profits from the sales of shares the corporation or the stock holder?
When a company wants to go public don't the shareholders have to sell off some of their shares in order for there to be stocks to buy? So in this case when someone buys the shares the money should go to the stockholder but I thought the point of going public was to raise money for the CORPORATION to be able to grow! Hope you get what I'm saying! Also when a company goes public do the shares increase in value? For example before the initial I.P.O of Facebook people were saying Mark Zuckerburg would become even more wealthy than he was making him worth billions more than he was worth before but if he's selling shares how can he and the corporation itself make money??? Any help is appreciated!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
When a company goes public who profits from the sales of shares the corporation or the stock holder? - Nicigil - 11-27-2012 06:32 AM
[] - JKRB - 11-27-2012, 06:40 AM