This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A girl rejected me and she is living life happily, what is next for me?
11-27-2012, 06:43 AM

Don't look at her Twitter page again.

REPROGRAMMING:
It's important to regularly monitor, and deal with a negative internal monologue (self talk), or mental process, such as disturbing thoughts, images, impulses, or emotions, by the process of (a): recognising it, and (b): challenging it immediately. Technique For Re-Programming Negative Thoughts: When you notice something negative, such as: "I can't do this/ am never going to get over this!" or: "Why am I always so useless/such a loser?" or even an image, emotion, or a memory; recognise that it is being generated from the negative part of your mind.

After identifying and labelling it, visualise a large, red, flashing, "STOP!" sign, and/or possibly a stern faced person wagging an index finger at you in a negative manner, then say to yourself as forcefully as you can, even aloud in a big voice, if alone: "I know this tactic: GO AWAY FOR A WHILE !!!" You may want to use either: "ruse", "ploy", "game", or "trick". In the case of an image, visualise a large "STOP" sign, or your preferred version.

Some people go so far as to keep a wide rubber band in their pocket, then put it around their wrist, when they catch themselves backsliding, stretch and release it, as a method of reprogramming their mind sooner, but I don't regard it as being strictly necessary. Remember to remove it, afterwards, if you use this method. Try replacing a negative thought with a positive affirmation of your choice, like: "I am a unique individual, with my own set of skills, and good points", or "I may not be perfect, but I'm doing the best I can, right now".

View my previous answer about breakups at http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/ans...604AA4gJz1

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Barry - 11-27-2012 06:43 AM
[] - Xavier - 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM
[] - Nic - 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM
[] - BlueCherry No. - 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM
[] - ladeeda - 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM
[] - Excessiveapple254 - 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM
[] - Haru - 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM
[] - ForYourEyes - 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM