This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you believe all kids are special and precious regardless of race and gender?
11-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Do you believe all kids are special and precious regardless of race and gender?
For example, would you be more sad if you heard that a little white girl with blond hair and blue eyes got cancer vs if a little black boy with black hair and hazel eyes got it?

I ask because when people found out Rue on Hunger Games was black, many claimed they were mad, disappointed or even "less sad" when she died. I think that is just horrible and a poor reflection on humanity. I just hope it's a minority opinion so I ask. What do you think? I personally feel like all kids are precious and I would die to save the life of any child regardless of race or gender.
@Blink: That's a hardly a justifiable excuse, and it's hard to believe. One reason is because it doesn't only exist in whites but all races. Also, I'm white, my friends who read the twitter post with me were white and we were all disgusted and shocked. Racism is one thing, but kids are usually seen innocent in all of this. It's truly sickening to know that their are so many racist idiots out there who feel like their skin color makes them superior.
@Blink: No I get what you're saying but what I'm saying is I disagree that that's the reason. I think it's pretty natural to identify with people who look like you or remind you of yourself. I think that is the reason why people would identify with the death of a child within their race more than out of it (I'm not like that as I see myself and identify with the human race in general.) But I get it, I mean if a kid from my hometown who is my nephews age was killed it might hit me harder than just hearing about a random death in another country or state.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do you believe all kids are special and precious regardless of race and gender? - Conquer Far and Wide. - 11-27-2012 06:36 AM
[] - Ant - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
[] - Blink - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
[] - I-Coach - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
[] - candy coated - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
[] - Destination - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
[] - Tj Glawitsch - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM