This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you believe all kids are special and precious regardless of race and gender?
11-27-2012, 06:44 AM

Wow really? I just Googled that, that is sad and pathetic. Don't get me wrong, I've read books that later turned in to movies and been mad about choices made but some of that stuff was just pure racism. But yeah, all kids are precious and capable of great things. My son (a little black boy) knows he can grow up to be a doctor in the US Army like his uncle Brian or be a professional basketball player like his cousin Kawhi. He can even be a cop like one of his grandpas or a teacher like his dad. The possibilities are endless. Unfortunately not every kid is taught this. Studies show that T.V kills little black boys self-esteem. When they don't have someone or something to reinforce their self value it can have horrible consequences. This can be true with any kid in poverty, black white hispanic, doesn't matter. If they don't have a realistic influence it's very hard to imagine getting out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Ant - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
[] - Blink - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
[] - I-Coach - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
[] - candy coated - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
[] - Destination - 11-27-2012 06:44 AM
[] - Tj Glawitsch - 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM