This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do u think of FDI in retail to be introduced in India?
11-27-2012, 06:45 AM

It is a bad option in short term as well as long term. Let me lay my case on this issue. See, the fdi would bring in a lot of foreign currency and alot of bribe money for our beloved politicians and babus. They will import grains and other items from other countries where they get it cheaply. Either our farmers would have to match the price or sell it to agents at throw away prices. The fdi companies would buy land which mostly would be farm which would be converted to NA plots. The farmer would get rich overnight but we will lose agriculture. To make locals happy alot of youngster's would get employment but soon they would be layed off citing global issues n inexperience. Most small traders r who supply grocery on credit to customers hence they would not be hampered, but they will too lose big customers, who would buy from big retails at good prices. But soon when India will lose most of the agricultural land they will increase prices to collect all the backlock. As we lose agricultural land it would be hard for us to make a comeback. The simple cure is to built large storage centers for fruits, vegetables n grains. Increase output of energy n irrigation to villages. So that when farmers sell these products they don't get destroyed due to poor storage. Encourage young business to flourish. Built the economy from inside not from outside. As we soon would be feeding largest population we would require a huge amount of food and just imagine the day our country not producing much n being dependent on import. Horrific. Prices would surge and hunger deaths would be highest. Our PM said these r reforms neccessary for money but forgot about the n number of scams his cabinet is into which forced billions of loss to our country and now wants to recover those from the tax paying citizens of the country. I can smell a civil revolution soon but nonpolitical as politicians can change their stance in a heart beat.

@JD - U should not make such comments. I have said what I think of fdi, u have to say, pls do so about fdi and not me. If u have some reservation about my comments, highlight them but don't be rude. I hope u would retract ur statement n post a fresh one.

Be with me on twitter @rethish01
Be my friends on Facebook - rethish.nair.946@facebook.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - MaX - 11-27-2012, 06:45 AM
[] - Justin - 11-27-2012, 06:45 AM
[] - prem - 11-27-2012 06:45 AM
[] - JD - 11-27-2012, 06:45 AM
[] - karthik - 11-27-2012, 06:45 AM
[] - CHANDAN - 11-27-2012, 06:45 AM
[] - anil kumar - 11-27-2012, 06:45 AM