This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feeling Discouraged. Really Need Help: What can I do to feel better about myself around others?
11-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Feeling Discouraged. Really Need Help: What can I do to feel better about myself around others?
I am a 14 year old girl and I stand at 5 foot 6 inches. I am overweight and also socially awkward. When ever I hang out with my friends I feel so lost and so out of the loop. I am home schooled now and when ever my friends talk about school I always have to keep asking questions because I have no idea what they are talking about. My parents wont let me get a Facebook/Twitter account and I can only see my friends on Wednesday and Sunday since I am always trying to keep my head above my pile of schoolwork I have to do.

I am also the tallest of all my friends who range from 13 to 17 and that is when I am wearing flats and they are wearing heels and I can clearly see above their heads without even trying. I am the heaviest as well so that doesn't help. I also have curly hair that is always frizzing out and making me look like I have been electrocuted all the time and I wear coke bottle thick glasses. And I have terrible acne and allergies so I also look like I have hay fever all of the time during the winter, fall, and spring.

Plus, I am in a middle class family and all of my friends are well off and there most worried about i what dress they are getting for Prom, where as I am more worried about if my parents are going to be able to buy take out once every month. I am feeling really discouraged. My friends all say that I am a great addition to their friendship circle, but they are always sarcastic about it it seems like.

Also, none of the boys I come in contact with will even talk to me, when all of my friends have boyfriends. And I desperately want to have a boy love me. Any ideas on how I can feel better about myself? I am at the point where I don't want to socialize with anybody at all and I feel ugly. Can you help me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Feeling Discouraged. Really Need Help: What can I do to feel better about myself around others? - Abby - 11-27-2012 06:42 AM
[] - Sarcasticbeef195 - 11-27-2012, 06:50 AM
[] - i<3tyler - 11-27-2012, 06:50 AM