This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do I get help for this family?
11-27-2012, 06:42 AM
how do I get help for this family?
My husband works with a kid who recently just lost his mother. The guy is 20 years old. His Mother was 39. On December 30, 2010 she was driving home when she was hit by a drunk driver. As a result she ended up in a coma. A week later, she died. She was a single mom and left behind quite a few children. 9 total not including this 20 year old. He is now all they have. The Father is not in the picture. The youngest is 1. He has a 5 year old brother who is mentally disabled and has a stomach issue where he can't absorb nutrients which requires him to have a feeding tube in his stomach. The 20 year old is the sole provider of the income for these children and is now their "parent". He had $6000 saved up however, that is now depleted because he had to pay for his Mothers funeral. He is a good kid. He goes to church every Sunday and Wednesday and is a star performer at work according to my husband, who is his manager. Although he is devastated by the loss of his Mother he knows he has to move forward and put on a brave face for the sake of his siblings. I know they have a collection going at work for him, but I also know that there are companies that are willing to donate items, money or some kind of support. I would like to try to do something for this boy but not sure what I need or how to go about it. Does anyone have any experience with donations or fundraisers that we can do to help alleviate some of the responsibility this child now has? My heart goes out to him and I get tears in my eyes every time I think about him and his situation. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have to assist me in helping this family. Thank you and have a great day.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
how do I get help for this family? - kymeekat69 - 11-27-2012 06:42 AM
[] - Hampo14 - 11-27-2012, 06:50 AM