This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am a business marketing major in college, but I don't know what to do when I get out, any suggestions?
11-27-2012, 06:52 AM

Talk to your college's career center and look at the companies recruiting marketing majors. See what positions they are trying to fill.

To give you a big generalized answer:
Most companies that see a marketing graduate see a sales trainee.

If you don't want to go into sales, change your major. Otherwise, try to find some people you know who are in sales. Talk to them about their jobs. The earlier you explore job opportunities the sooner you can see that sales is worth a try or you can change directions.

Some sales positions are:
- Route sales: Like someone who travels from grocery store to grocery store and takes care of the Frito-Lay displays. You work with the store managers on this.
- Inside Sales: You do telemarketing. There are various levels of this: Business to business, and Business to households.
- Outside Sales: You travel to client sites and try to get them to buy your products/services.
- Retail Sales: You work in a retail store setting like your local Macy's or Ford dealer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Pat - 11-27-2012, 06:52 AM
[] - Erik Nostin - 11-27-2012, 06:52 AM
[] - Kelly Mouse - 11-27-2012 06:52 AM