This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm crying because I'm a failure at school?
11-27-2012, 06:54 AM

I'm going to deviate from what others are saying and acknowledge that fact that, if this is actually what's happening, a tenth grader taking 14 exams a week is over the top. An exam is supposed to be administered to assess student learning. If you're being "assessed" two times a week in each class, that doesn't leave a lot of time for actual learning.

That being said, this is the reality of your situation and you have to learn for to deal with it. Which subjects are you failing? Which are you passing? What are you doing differently in them? Ask your teachers for extra help. I don't know any decent teachers who are happy about the fact that kids are failing, and if they can't offer you extra time and tutorials they can at least point you in the right direction for getting help and learning the material. Also, talk openly to your parents. No one wants you to fail, and your parents certainly don't want you to be miserable. Is this the first year that you've had difficulties, or have you been struggling in school for a few years? I think that will also have an impact on what course of action you pursue. For example, my cousin was diagnosed with dyslexia in ninth grade after years of struggling in school. This is not, by any means, an attempt to provide you with a diagnosis. Just an example to illustrate that a years-long struggle might have a deeper reason other than needing to study harder.

I think the most important thing, though, is to recognize that you can't fix this on your own. You've tried that and it isn't working. Study with friends, ask teachers for help, and talk to your parents. They can all help you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - RoaringMice - 11-27-2012, 06:54 AM
[] - R T - 11-27-2012, 06:54 AM
[] - Ewok - 11-27-2012 06:54 AM
[] - blustarzxx - 11-27-2012, 06:54 AM
[] - Ameen - 11-27-2012, 06:54 AM
[] - Questor - 11-27-2012, 06:54 AM
[] - jollyfan591 - 11-27-2012, 06:54 AM