This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the internet becoming greatly overused? Is it being used when something else should?
11-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Is the internet becoming greatly overused? Is it being used when something else should?
I ask this question because of a few different personal reasons.

I have recently arranged two job interviews, I done this by using no other element but the internet. All of the communication between me and the employer was relayed through email. This interview time and date was arranged in a relatively quick succession, Probably much quicker than sending mail or telephone calls.

However, I also feel the 'email' route is possibly hampering my chances of getting an interview with the many other employers that I display interest to. I feel that by only using email, that it is depersonalizing the realtionship between the recruiter, and me (the potential employee) I feel sometimes that If I was able to have a quick 5 minute phone conversation with the employer, I could increase my chances greatly of getting an interview. As attributes such as enthusiasm , a clear well spoken voice, and personality are often difficult traits to put across in an email.

Secondly, a more social reason I feel the internet is becoming overused.

Everything my girlfriend does seems to be related to the internet is some way. The main sociable relationship with friends she seems to have, is within social networking sites such as 'Facebook' and MSN messenger. My friends are also guilty of this, all to often they are happy to sit on MSN chatting to me, and nearly always I will suggest we go for a drink which will usually be met with the reply of ''can't be bothered''. I wonder if they would be more bothered if the internet wasn't available?

If I suggest we go shopping, she insistson doing it on the internet. From food to clothes, she opts to purchase through the internet and have it delivered. My problem with this is, I like to physically see things before I buy. As I think the internet can sometimes misrepresent products using well crafted photography.

What are your views on this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is the internet becoming greatly overused? Is it being used when something else should? - John - 11-27-2012 06:47 AM
[] - TeamHans - 11-27-2012, 06:55 AM