This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can a new upcoming self-published author get their book reviewed?
11-27-2012, 06:59 AM

Self-published books (epically fiction) are almost impossible to get reviewed. Most reviewers will not even open one up, let alone give it any space in their column. I've known a couple of self-published authors that have worked the Science Fiction Convention circuit. They succeeded in getting on some panels, and were able to promote their books that way. But most Cons are really leery of self-published authors, and the ones I have known were well known by the organizers of the Cons they participated in.

I have also known self-published poets who go to open mike nights and read their work to audiences in the hope of making a few sales. I assume a novelist could go and read his/her first chapter in the hope of hooking audience members who want to read about what happens next.

Occasionally bookstores will have a night when self-published authors can come read from their works in the hope of selling something. But this is pretty rare.

Your best bet is to have a large circle of friends or family members who will buy copies of your book. Otherwise you do not have much chance and will never become a best selling author. Sorry....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Joss - 11-27-2012, 06:59 AM
[] - S.K. - 11-27-2012, 06:59 AM
[] - Gerald Cline - 11-27-2012 06:59 AM
[] - YA Fiction lover - 11-27-2012, 06:59 AM