This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do make a professional connection with someone who assumes I want something more?
11-27-2012, 07:03 AM

Yeah, I'd be reluctant to try Linkedin if they declined a FB request. If anything I'd send them a personal e-mail and state why you'd like to talk to them over coffee or over the phone.

Failing that, just move on and start doing your own research directly and indirectly. Check the company out on line and possibly even submit your resume and a letter of interest explaining your current work situation and why you think you might be a good fit for them etc. As you go about your research you just might run into other who are working or have worked for this company.

And watch what you put on your FB page. Potential employers can use this to check you out . So either increase the privacy so only friends can see the content or be sure there aren't too many photos or wall comments from you that imply you're a party animal :-)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - PAX - 11-27-2012 07:03 AM
[] - Old Mister Happy - 11-27-2012, 07:03 AM