This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Soon to be Marine wife looking for advice...?
11-27-2012, 07:05 AM

Hello, I'm a Marine wife and you sound like how I was 5 years ago. At the time we were dating and he was going to leave in a month. Well his recruiter called and said you can leave in a week Or six months from now. He left in a weeks notice.
Let me say that no matter how strong your relationship is there will be times where your relationship is tested whether its time apart, trusting eachother or no communication. I will say though that your relationship being how strong you say it is will Definetly help getting through your time apart. Boot camp is 13 weeks long. If you're having a hard time missing him, know that he is having an even harder time. You have friends and family to speak to. He has friends at boot camp that he can speak to only when he has permission to do so. Write every day and at the end of the week mail out all the letters at once. (date them so he knows the order) don't decorate the envelopes with pictures or stickers.
After boot camp he will have a little time home then he goes to MCT. That is Marine Combat Training which is only a few weeks long. After he's done with that then he goes to his MOS school in Florida. I'm not sure how long it is but for my husbands school at Pensacola it was 3 months. Once graduated he will get orders to his first duty station, he will be there for at least. 3 years then he can put in for orders to a new base.
Once you're married you will learn that you will need to be polite on base and dress appropriately. They have high standards for their Marines but they have standards for spouses as well. People aren afraid to call you out and tell you to leave the MCX or 7day because of the way you're dressed.
Going off of what lol said, it you get stationed overseas and have a dog please start quarantine ASAP so you don't have to do the full 180 days in the country you're flying to.
Also, sergeant is abbreviated as Sgt. Smile
Any other questions feel free to message me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - lol - 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
[] - Elias - 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
[] - *alwayssmile* - 11-27-2012 07:05 AM
[] - Hiran - 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
[] - DrZ - 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
[] - Critter - 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM