This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Soon to be Marine wife looking for advice...?
11-27-2012, 07:05 AM

I am going to just focus on one part of what you wrote here...and that being.... Which would mean we would be getting married in about April...not long to plan a wedding.

After he finishes his school in Florida and most probably gets transferred to MCAS Miramar, California. He might be a LCpl (E3)....but perhaps even a PFC (E2). Apartment prices anywhere close to Miramar are going to be probably $950 and up. Gas in CA is going for near $5 per gallon and food prices are not cheap either. When you start to calculate all the costs plus what you are bringing in... it is going to be pretty tight... if not almost impossible to do much other than survive. Are you ready to do that? Is he?

There are many things to consider prior to getting married at any time...but when you throw in the military... possible deployments.... TAD (temporary base reassignment)... and being broke.... it makes little things become much bigger.

TALK.... PLAN.... SAVE UP SOME CASH. Make sure you can survive the short time he will be away during boot, SOI, and A School prior to walking down the aisle.

Been there...done that...my marriage lasted 7 years of my 8+ year service and we knew each other for over 5 years prior to taking that walk.

Semper Fidelis,
Z
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - lol - 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
[] - Elias - 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
[] - *alwayssmile* - 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
[] - Hiran - 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
[] - DrZ - 11-27-2012 07:05 AM
[] - Critter - 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM