This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is it that many young girls still try to impress random guys online?
11-27-2012, 07:06 AM

1. What do you think is the most important thing to educate young girls to be aware of the danger of the internet and respect themselves?

i think the most important thing to educate young girls and boys is to let them know that just because someone says something on the internet does not mean it is true. I really think that kids need to know NOT to meet people in real life that they meet through the internet because it is very dangerous.

2. If you have a daughter, is there anything you set it as a rule to keep her away from the danger of talking to strangers online?

I would first and for most make her do some research and for a report that she would have to write to me about the dangers of meeting people online. I would also have a block on the computer so that my children could not get onto some websites that are not right for them. I realize that i can not protect my kids 100% all the time but i know that i would protect them from anything i can. I think that it is important for children to only be online for a limited amount of time and they should be in a place where a prent can view what they are doing at all times.

3.What's the best way to teach young girls that there's always a consequence for every action they take?

Teach both girls and boys when they are young that their is a consequence for their actions. for example:
My oldest daughter had to wear glasses for a short period of time due to an eye condition. She did not like wearing the glasses so she broke the first pair within 6 months of having them. I told her that i would buy new ones but if it were to happen again she was going to have to pay for them. two months latter her glasses were broke and i made her pay the $20 for the new pair of glasses. Was she happy about it? NO! she was saving her money for a MP3 player. But it did teach her about responsibility and consequences. She had the pair she bought for a year and a half before she was told she did not have to wear them any more.
I have always told my kids "If you make bad choices you will receive bad consequences. However if you make good choices you will receive good consequences".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - tim - 11-27-2012, 07:06 AM
[] - Cassy - 11-27-2012 07:06 AM
[] - Gladius - 11-27-2012, 07:06 AM
[] - Kristin - 11-27-2012, 07:06 AM