This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Digital Picture Help Needed!!?
11-27-2012, 06:58 AM
Digital Picture Help Needed!!?
I have digital wedding pictures that I got from a bunch of family and friends. I want to use Mixbook and create a hard-covered album. When you make the album you drop different pictures into the virtual book and once you are done you save it and then the company actually prints it. It comes out looking like a coffee table book. They aren't cheap, so I want to make sure the pictures look really good.

So, here is my problem. When I drop the pictures onto the page of the book it is very small. I can resize it or zoom in on it, but I get a message saying that the picture is of too poor quality to print.

I talked to the support people at the site and they explained that the picture's resolution is too small. They said that I would have to get the source files from the people rather than getting them from the Kodak Gallery, Facebook, Picasa, etc (that is where my friends posted them).

I have 2 questions:

(1) Is there any software program that I could use that would allow me to take the pictures I currently have (the ones that I got from those sources mentioned above) and manipulate them and increase their size without degrading the quality of the photo?

(2) When they say that I need to get the source files, other than my friends putting them on some type of CD, DVD, Memory Card, etc, is there a virtual way to exchange them? For example, could they send them to me in e-mail without them getting compressed? Or perhaps those DropBox type websites?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Digital Picture Help Needed!!? - Nicole Mikloiche - 11-27-2012 06:58 AM
[] - Tim - 11-27-2012, 07:06 AM
[] - Mr. Smartypants - 11-27-2012, 07:06 AM
[] - Mar - 11-27-2012, 07:06 AM
[] - joedlh - 11-27-2012, 07:06 AM
[] - TheFotografist - 11-27-2012, 07:06 AM