This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What advice would you give someone who is trying to get a good book noticed?
12-03-2012, 04:39 PM
What advice would you give someone who is trying to get a good book noticed?
I have written a book, and my friends all seem to like it. Now since I don't have an agent and self published it, how do I get my book to the outside world? I have done face book and I have done twitter. I am open for suggestions. Thank you in advance.
Thank you for the answers so far, now what if it is an e-book how do I get that around since a person would need a kindle or nook?
I really want to thank you all for your imput. I have passed flyers around, cars, houses, business, nursing homes, hospitals. My Alzheimer's book I actually left free ones at hospice houses and nursing homes. I sent my Alzheimer's book to stars like Maria Shriver and Richard Simmons just to name a couple that actually said something nice about my book and than it stops there. My romance books are e-books and I have just left flyers. I even put flyers on the cars at movie theaters during the new twlight movie night thinking that those people may really read. Libraries won't take free books. I also agree that a self published book is very hard to noticed is very hard to get attention to. I think you really need a publisher to help promote a book. I do have a website and a blog, and facebook and twitter but you actually see the same people all the time. I am going to try the website voices in space. I don't know what smash words is but I will find out. To be honest I

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What advice would you give someone who is trying to get a good book noticed? - MarieF - 12-03-2012 04:39 PM
[] - ? - 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
[] - Joss - 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
[] - Red - 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
[] - Roadwalker - 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
[] - S.K. - 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
[] - Olivia Bella - 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM