This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I stay or do I leave?
12-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Have you tried just talking to your boss about increasing your work load or offering other ideas about how to increase job volume and productivity? Are there other tasks that you could cross train on to broaden your appeal at this company?

Does your editing job just cover submissions or do you edit the company web-site and marketing periodicals to be sure they are in line with the products you publish? In other words, are there other editing applications at the company that you could be doing?

Do you have weekly meetings to report on projects pending, current & completed? Your boss may not realize that you could easily take on more work. If you show a positive, proactive attitude you could very well become the 'go to' editor. If your company is looking to expand, having two of you may be the key to a smoother transition to a higher volume period that's expected. You should be the one that leads that team as you are showing real effort in your job.

Find ways to be part of positive change at your company. If you like it there, don't quit - make it better. Let the other girl quit!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do I stay or do I leave? - Amanda - 12-03-2012, 05:54 PM
[] - Mike - 12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
[] - Monica S - 12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
[] - outofmymind - 12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
[] - bionicbookworm - 12-03-2012 06:02 PM