This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get through C++?
12-04-2012, 10:18 AM
How to get through C++?
I have been a gamer my whole life. I think it's damn awesome that people create video games and get paid to do it. Which is why I decided to take the GSP program at DeVry.

Recently, I have been taking courses at DeVry to learn C++, it's absolutely terrible. You only go to school two (sometimes one) times out of the week, it's only 3-4 hours long, they expect you to teach yourself most of the time, and tuition pay is atrocious.

My problem is I have learned some stuff in introduction to C++, but now I'm in intermediate c++ w/ Object-Oriented-Programming (OOP) and it's SO DAMN DIFFICULT! I have cried myself to sleep at night, trying to understand this stuff. It's like they tell me for example 1+1 = 2 (ok ok I get it), 2*3 = 6 ( uuuhhh ... Ok sure), now calculate the size of the moon (WTF IS THIS?!)

If anyone has been to DeVry and studied this C++ stuff, my question to you is how did you possibly get through this? Is there another school that could teach it better or something? I'm losing my mind!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to get through C++? - abe - 12-04-2012 10:18 AM
[] - DeVry University - 12-04-2012, 10:26 AM