This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get out this abusive relationship?
10-11-2012, 04:47 PM

that's so horrible, it's an awful situation for you to be in and you're right to want to save yourself. the relationship you are in is really typical of abusive relationships, he hurts you, he says he's sorry, he abuses you and tells you it's your fault and makes you think you're worthless and no one else will ever have you so you'll never leave him because bit by bit you believe the things he says and think that he's the best you can do.

if i were you i would organise a holiday, maybe see if a girlfriend or group of friends will come with you. if you don't have much money you can do it cheap, drive to a caravan park a few towns away and stay in a cabin there, it should be really cheap. or look on wotif.com, they have last minute accomodation cheap. the point is you need to be somewhere he can't find you and you need to be gone at least a week. like you said, when you've broken up with him in the past he's come after you or you've gone back to him, but not this time. get a new phone number and only give it to people you can trust won't give it to him, delete your facebook and make a new account that you don't have him on and that is set to private so he can't see anything on it and only add people who won't let him look at it through their facebook. you know if you go back he'll keep hurting you, no matter what he says or does it will never get better. he may stop for a week or a month but he.will.hurt.you.again. so don't let him talk you into it, cut him out of your life completely and make it impossible for him to call you or come see you and talk you into going back to him.

i think you should also write a list of the reasons your leaving him so if you're tempted to go back you can read them and remember why you need to leave. make a list of things for you to do while you're away, google interesting places you can go like the beach or bush walks or something else for where ever you choose to escap to. i also recommend you see a psychologist, someone who can help you find the strength inside yourself to leave this guy and also help you get your thoughts straight. you've been told for 8 months that you're no good and no one else will love you, you know that's not true but when someone you love says that to you it makes you wonder, so i think you should see a psychologist or at least go once and see if it helps you feel better about yourself again and helps you to find your strength again. you feel like no one will want you and you need him, but deep down you know that's not true, a psychologist can help you work through this and change the way you feel.

so basically- change your phone number and contact details, go away for a little while so he can't find you and you can get yourself together, distract yourself while you're away so you're not thinking about him, see a psychologist to help you stay strong in the long term and move past this guy. good luck, i hope you're able to save yourself
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Kristina - 10-11-2012, 04:47 PM
[] - kekomi - 10-11-2012, 04:47 PM
[] - Your Captain - 10-11-2012 04:47 PM
[] - Moondog - 10-11-2012, 04:47 PM