This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does Anyone Wanna Start A Band?
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM

You're not Intermediate. 10 months of playing guitar is still considered beginner, dude.

0-3 years I consider beginner. 3-7 years intermediate. 7-10 years expert. 10+ Pro.

Of course it all depends on how much you practice, so I'm generalizing a bit... but after watching your video's, it confirmed that you're a beginner. the songs you picked are pretty basic. The one thing you got going for you is timing, and you're able to stick with the rhythm.

An Intermediate player will be able to add in his own little nuances to the music. He'll be able to write his own material. He should be able to tune his guitar by ear. He should be able to play basic lead guitar, with a decent knowledge of theory.

An Expert will know his theory, and be able to tell you why he chose the key he's playing in. He'll be able to apply the theory as well, cuz I've heard some dudes who knew their theory, but were horrible guitar players.

A Pro will put you and me to shame.

Post on your local craigslist.

Anyways, don't let my harsh criticism deter you from joining a band.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Plague - 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
[] - Adam D - 10-11-2012 05:07 PM