This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This girl keeps on trying to accept God into my life or something, how do I decline without offending her?
12-05-2012, 03:48 PM

Express your appreciation for her kind concern for you, then tell her kindly that you do not believe in the existence of God. Be respectful and kind stressing your appreciation for her kindness more so than the fact that you don't believe in God. You can also kindly preempt any future attempts by her to try to convert you by highlighting your respect for her right to her beliefs and your confidence that she would also respect your right to your belief (or lack thereof). You could say something like this:

"Jane, I really want to thank you for thinking about me and offering me support through your church. You really didn't have to do that yet you did. That was very kind of you, I appreciate it very much. Your thoughtfullness has certainly been consoling to me. But I must be honest with you by letting you know that I don't believe in a god because personally I haven't found any satisfactory evidence to support it. But I'm not going to try to convince you that there is no god because I respect your right to your beliefs just as I'm sure that you would respect my right to my non-belief. We can still hang out together as friends if you like. I would love to have a thoughtful and caring friend as you."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - random guy - 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM
[] - Toni - 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM
[] - Mackey - 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM
[] - Georgio - 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM
[] - Methane Mama - 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM
[] - GriMgriMoiRe - 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM
[] - Caribbean Man - 12-05-2012 03:48 PM
[] - Sperber - 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM