This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does any one have a question as to what is going on with your tax returns?
10-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Does any one have a question as to what is going on with your tax returns?
I have some information that I have been gathering the past couple of days and thought I would share and hopefully help clear some things up for everyone. Don't slaughter me for not asking a question that needs an answer as I am just trying to help the uninformed.
I spoke to two IRS reps in the past two days. This is what I was told.... The refunds that were sent in by tax preparers early and were accepted on the 17th and some on the 18th were accepted into the old IRS system. The ones accepted after that were accepted into the new system. The ones accepted in the old system are stuck in the system until they trickle their way out into the new system. All the while new returns are coming in slowing down the entire system. They do not have any answers nor do they want to even try to be compassionate regarding your inquiries. In fact they are down right rude, disgusting, and repulsive. I contacted my local news this evening as I have noticed that people are left just not knowing what is going on. Minutes after my local news station contacted the IRS this statement was released: http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins...DY.twitter In my opinion the statement makes light of the situation and out right lies about what really is going on. I have some information that may help you in knowing whether or not you are on the old system or new system. On your tax returns ( I filed turbo tax so I found this right above my name on the page titled Electronic Filing Instructions) you will either find the words " Declaration Control Number" or in some cases "DCN" which means you were processed in the old system or "ID" which means you were processed in the new system. The ones that were processed in the old system are sending out a generic message that you should receive your refund by the 31st. As your return is accepted into the new system you will get a updated message on the Where's My Refund site. Which is why some have now seen the updates message that they will receive their refund on the 30th. At this point all we can do is wait for that update. They will not tell us how long it will take for the system to catch up. At this point it seems as if they are not even telling the truth about what is really going on. If you were processed in the old system, chances are you are going to be waiting for your return to find it's way out to the new system. I hope this information helps you and that you get your return sooner than later. Good Luck.
Yes that was me just now on the Fox 2 News in Detroit. People are not aware of what is going on and I am going to be one that makes sure they do!
Sahmonth- I want to make it clear that i am not stating this from speculation but from what the IRS representative that I spoke with on 1/25/2012 have stated to me.
So now that I have said that I will clear up the fact the the message that I referred to as "generic" from the 31st, yes that message is sent out each year and is a valid message. Every one will receive 2 messages on the IRS WMR site. First one saying when you "should" receive it the second when it WILL be deposited. Her in lies the problem. Those of us that are sitting here with the message of the 31st, that date is incorrect. As our returns are filtered through to the new system which obviously some have been the date will update to the WILL be deposited date. Some of those have already happened. As has yours therefore giving you your accurate deposit date. As for the rest of us that are still with the "31st" message. We are still stuck in the old system. You are one of the lucky ones that
has already filtered out. As for the rest of us it's a gamble as we are relying on a system to release ours. And yes the fact that there are still returns coming in makes it that much longer because those are still processing. Making ours lag that much more behind.

So I will clear up by saying if you have received a new update that tells you when you WILL receive your refund, your return has been filtered from the old system and into the new one.

Also know that I have done my research well before posting this as to not speculate.

One must also ask since this problem was here since Jan 17th why is it that it took a phone call from Fox 2 News in Detroit to the IRS for them to even admit to any type of delay? 10 days later.

Colleen- The reason you can't access your information is after so many logins it locks you out. You can call 800-829-1040 and access the same information as many times as you want to. This gives you the same info as the website
Charity- I saw someone else on here that filed with TaxSlayer also and that theirs did not have either. I filed with Turbo tax and I can tell you that on my Electronic Filing Instructions Page above my name were the words "Declaration Control Number". There was no actual number after it. It has been told by the IRS representatives that this confirms you were on the old system. I do not know why Tax Slayer does not have either. I do not know if it is located somewhere else amongst your papers or if it doesn't show it at all. I do know though that we are being told that if you have a SHOULD be date of the 31st to not count on it. Many have reported that the 31st date has been updated to the 30th as an actual deposit date. Many of us have nt seen any change. It was said to me that once your return pulls to the other system it will change, Until then you are in the old system. I hope and pray just like the rest of you that they do pull and that they pull fast. It is now the l
last week of the month and as we speak even more returns are flooding in leaving ours buried even more.

I would also like to say that for some reason if we all wake in the morning to find our refunds in our accounts I will first start off by doing cartwheels through out my house, followed by an apology to you all for relaying the misinformation that I was given by the IRS. I do not post anything but what was told to me by the IRS. Now if they are misinformed, I apologize for relaying that info on. But I can't sit back after this information being told to me and not make people aware. We all want answers. Can I say that this is fact? Based on what the IRS rep said to me, I would say and bet that yes it is. Can I say that it is speculation on my part? No I can't. Based on the bulletin that was released 10 minutes after the whistle was blown on the IRS issue, we are left with even more questions. Is the IRS lying now. Or are the reps lying? We truly don't know. But I do know
one thing. I was supposed to get my refund on the 25th and I am sitting here empty handed. The news station has already asked me for a report back next week as to whether the IRS is being truthful that we will get them in a week. I hope and pray that I can answer yes to them.
one thing. I was supposed to get my refund on the 25th and I am sitting here empty handed. The news station has already asked me for a report back next week as to whether the IRS is being truthful that we will get them in a week. I hope and pray that I can answer yes to them.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Does any one have a question as to what is going on with your tax returns? - Michelle - 10-11-2012 05:44 PM
[] - Rachel - 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
[] - Marlene - 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
[] - crazelilellie - 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
[] - sillyConqueror311 - 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
[] - SAHMOnTheGo - 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
[] - Colleen - 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
[] - Curious T - 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
[] - charity19752000 - 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
[] - John Scott - 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM