This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to not feel guilt for standing up for myself?
12-07-2012, 06:28 AM

You feel guilty because you don't feel deserving. What makes you undeserving? You probably believe that you're not worth it, that you don't need to stand up for yourself because everything they say is probably true, that you're friend is right about your music, your crush, and your dream job.

I've got big news for you:
1. You are deserving. Period.
2. Your friend is a bltch. Big time. She is NOT a friend, she is a person who is using you and crushing your spirit because she feels so low about herself.
3. Again, you are deserving. You are deserving of good things. I want you to stand up, look at yourself in the mirror, and repeat this mantra "I love and approve of myself. I am safe. I am deserving of all good things life has coming my way." You can even hug yourself when you do it. I am so not kidding. Repeat this over and over, for a few minutes, every morning and night for two weeks straight (and even during the day randomly if you want), and let me know if it doesn't impact your life. However, you have to be sincere when you tell yourself these things. You have to take yourself seriously and treat yourself with love.

That's a quick answer for you, but it takes hard work. I HIGHLY recommend a book that has a chapter SPECIFICALLY on "Liberation from Guilt." This will help you raise your self-esteem and self-awareness, and will help you realize that you're completely entitled AND deserving to feel whatever way you feel. The book is "How to Raise Your Self-Esteem" by Nathaniel Branden. It's one of the best books I've ever read and I consistently recommend it to my clients.

Best of luck with everything. You create your own life - choose people who treat you the way you want and deserve to be treated. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - ? - 12-07-2012 06:28 AM
[] - hope - 12-07-2012, 06:28 AM
[] - Innes - 12-07-2012, 06:28 AM
[] - Beatrix - 12-07-2012, 06:28 AM