This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm suffering from depression, need somebody to talk to?
12-08-2012, 11:34 AM

Going on line to talk may be dangerous. Never know who you are really talking to. Also, this isn't a contact site.

Suicidal thoughts mean that you need treatment. I don't understand why hotlines or churches are not an option for you. Remember that suicide is not the answer. You may be going to something else. Also, depression is a symptom. You don't kill yourself over a symptom. Like cutting off a stopped-up nose when you have a cold.

Reread your letter here. You are depressed. One symptom of depression is that you knock down any suggestions people make about what might help before they even make any!

There are a lot of good books and videos out there. Look at amazon.com. You can pray and mediate at home for free also.

When you are depressed, you often make it worse by not getting proper sleep, proper diet, proper exercize. Do it. I know you will want to find reasons you can't, but you really can.

Also limit "screen Time" to a few hours a day, Certainly not over 3.

One thing that will really help is to see a career counselor and make a plan and a couple of back up plans for a career. Consider job market, your abilities, and your interests--in that order. Having a plan will give you purpose. Yes, I can hear you now thinking of reasons not to do this. That is your depression talking.

Avoid alcohol, drugs etc. Even too much coffee is bad for you.

Look at it this way. You have been through the worst. Everything from now on must be better,

And gently send away any negative thoughts. You can't stop the birds from flying over your head, but you can keep them from nesting in your hair. And if they happen to crap in your hair while flying over, go wash!

Best to you! I will say a prayer for you.

Now you say one for me and yourself. Can't hurt.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Grace - 12-08-2012 11:34 AM
[] - Paul B - 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM
[] - ™ʎllıq®® - 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM
[] - Silas John - 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM
[] - Teresa Mase - 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM