This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I stop comparing myself to other girls?
12-11-2012, 12:22 AM
How do I stop comparing myself to other girls?
I think - or rather, I know - that I am very pretty. I look at myself in the mirror and even though of course I have bad days where when my hair isn't done I feel gross, most of the time I think I would rate myself an 8 or 9 out of 10. There are definitely things I like about myself and things I don't like (I love my teeth but I'm 5'8" at 132 and I want to lose 8lbs). But the problem is: I always feel like I have good self-confidence until I go on Facebook and I see pictures of girls who are just gorgeous. And that's when I feel ugly, too tall, clumsy, and I become aware of my broad shoulders, the fact that my hair isn't as long as I want, the fact that my leg doesn't look as thin as hers does when she bends it, etc. It's awful!

For example: I have a good friend who's cousin is in my opinion, just gorgeous. She is very photogenic (which I am not) and it's embarrassing to admit, but even though I hate looking at her Facebook pictures because it makes me feel bad, I do anyway and it's like self-torture. This happens with other girls too who I know in person and who just seem to always look beautiful. How do I maintain a level of self-confidence when I'm not by myself? How do I stop comparing myself to other girls? I'm 21 years old, so the old "high school" excuse can't be used anymore.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do I stop comparing myself to other girls? - myira_shine - 12-11-2012 12:22 AM
[] - Stupid - 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM
[] - Gareth - 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM
[] - heyhey - 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM
[] - Ms. Lady - 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM