This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would be the steps I would take to create a Social Networking Site?
12-14-2012, 12:46 AM

First off, get a boatload of cash. You'll need it either to hire a developer, or to go to college to learn how to program. From there, you just need to put together a plan....I'd start small, considering the fact that the social networking market is flooded and there is about a 99% chance that whatever you create will flop.

If you plan to do the school thing, you'll want to make some friends. Even a rock-star of a developer would take a year or two to develop facebook to its current status, flying solo.

Oh and you'll also want to plan to spend a lot of time practicing. It takes about 10 years, or 10 thousand hours of practice to become a master of any aspect of development (such as web development...which is what you'd need).

I don't say this to tell you your idea is ridiculous. I say it because you are profoundly underestimating what goes into this, simply by asking this question...as if there were some cookbook out there that would guide you through making a social networking site.

You don't necessarily need to be a pro, but you need to realize that this is not something you can just read tutorials about online. It is serious, and it takes a lot of money and a lot of drive.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - David G - 12-14-2012, 12:46 AM
[] - Ω Coder - 12-14-2012 12:46 AM
[] - Kavrocks - 12-14-2012, 12:46 AM