This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How important is business ethics and social responsibility to a?
12-14-2012, 12:50 AM

Walmart is successful in the sense that it is able to capitalize on our need to get the bigger better deal. Walmart's advertising focuses entirely on the deal you're getting, but the trick is that only certain things are sold below that of other retailers, and everything else in the store is of the same price as another retailer (for example, target or zellers). But, the store is a superstore, which gives the buyer the impression that all the deals can be found there, that it is "one stop shopping" which appeals to people because people are often overworked and don't want to spend time on shopping. It's a clever idea, really.
And because people fall for this, other smaller retailers lose out and often go into bankruptcy. So, in my opinion, Walmart is a big blue beast, a huge corporation that is eating up the opportunities of smaller businesses in the labor market.
Additionally, I rarely shop at the big blue beast. If I do shop there, I have a specific list in mind, so I only buy what actually is a good bargain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Neil - 12-14-2012, 12:50 AM
[] - Shizam - 12-14-2012 12:50 AM