This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do a majority of American black people spell horribly on social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, etc)?
10-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Why do a majority of American black people spell horribly on social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, etc)?
First, I'd like to say, I do know every race has their idiots an generalizations, but their is a reason generalizations are there. It's because GENERALLY true. Well anyways, I just moved to America from Australia a few weeks ago and I'm fairly adjusted to the customs. Well, I was introduced to some people by a friend and added them on FaceBook. Well, the people I added recommended me to some other friends (who were black). I accepted their request and now I have many black friends on FaceBook. Well, what I've noticed since the day I added them is that their statuses are always profusely/horribly misspelled and I don't mean text talk (lol, rofl, ya, yeah, yah, 4, u, etc). What I mean by horrible is that a majority of their words are misspelled and not because of a typo or they're missing a letter, I mean they purposefully add extra letters to words that would actually need some thinking to comprehend/interpret and even to type. For example, here is a list of the first 6 black kid statuses that pop onto my facebook news feed.

- "Why tf am I up? UuuuugggGGhhhhhHHH" (I learned what tf means last week but that status is not spelled incorrectly.)

- "Whoo gone havee the whip tonite cuhhhhh? Ah neeeeed some too donee pik meee up cuz ah tryna smoke" (I honestly cannot understand a word she's saying. Is she purposefully being racist...to her own kind? From what I understand in that status is, she needs a whip for someone to hang her with (pick her up) so she can try to smoke with someone trying to choke her?)

-"Smhhh , Niggahs These Dayss ..Ionn Eenn Fwuu ..Cummnn At Mehh Like Thatt ? Gett Ya Mind Righttt .." (Again, I don't know what he said. I can't even interpret that.)

-"Whos up w/ me ? Lms." (Not too bad. I understand the status and the w/ is more like text talk than profuse misspelling.)

-"Thass My Thugg Theaa , Its Lovee Deaa" (I can't understand it)

-"Ay yo, dem bitchez be trippin we wuz lyke dionne that gurl aint rite cuz summm up wit her we wuz rite #nevertrustblondebitchez #freedionne #hemyniggah" (This is facebook, not twitter. From what I understand, I guess a girl that this dionne kid didn't like fell and hurt herself, and dionne's friends told him to help, and he decided not to and he got in trouble for it.)

I don't mean to offend anyone by this post but it's just something that went into my mind. My "black" mates in Australia did not spell profusely at all. I skipped their statuses because they wouldn't have been a good example as I did say "American" Black people.

Ads

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why do a majority of American black people spell horribly on social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, etc)? - TheRealCP1341 - 10-11-2012 10:10 PM
[] - Berzerk Cashew - 10-11-2012, 10:18 PM
[] - Rabius - 10-11-2012, 10:18 PM
[] - Masterlunchroom644 - 10-11-2012, 10:18 PM
[] - quiet - 10-11-2012, 10:18 PM