This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would be a good process for pitching an idea for a social networking website to Investors?
12-14-2012, 05:30 PM
What would be a good process for pitching an idea for a social networking website to Investors?
Dear Yahoo! Members,

I have recently began an investment with a few partners, and we have invested in a high grade server that we will be starting a hosting business with.

A side project of mine involves the creation of a social network system similar to facebook.com. I am in the process of seeking Angel Investors, and is in initial talks with a developer on getting a working prototype online and working.

Question is, the reality of social networking websites is that revenue strictly pretty much comes from advertising, and many of these sites, age, and eventually die (though I haven't seen any big ones really flop yet).

I do have a creative idea to get advertising out the door, however, I really wouldn't know where to start on how to get this idea successfully pitched. As some have said, many of these websites eventually just hope to get bought out to earn a buck, such as Youtube.com.

Please lend me some advice on what I need in my business plan, as well as general advice.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What would be a good process for pitching an idea for a social networking website to Investors? - turtlewax_15 - 12-14-2012 05:30 PM
[] - imisidro - 12-14-2012, 05:38 PM