This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I avoid settling for less?
12-17-2012, 11:04 PM

I would like to first state that when looking at any research make sure the research is creditable. What is true is that people often gravitate toward people like themselves, more than people that are not like themselves. Now to get to your question.... It is best to actually get to know someone, many people claim to have so but sadly they have not. Learn this person's past life, present life, and future goals. When starting a new relationship no question is ever a dumb one. Learn their habits, goals, beliefs, etc. Many people go into a relationship thinking that they can and will change this person, if there is something that truly bothers you about this person you have found interest in address it before you guys get serious. Tell this person of your goals example: I want to have kids, I want to live blah blah, I prefer blah blah. Two people being together is work on both parties, and you both have to relate/want the same things in life or at least be able to meet somewhere in the middle. Marriage is about coming together not settling for something else because you want to make someone else happy. I find the best thing to do is be yourself when you guys first meet and ten years after you guys have first met. This way there will be no surprises, many people pretend to be this perfect person make up this life they have not lived and get married. Later they start to actually be themselves and this is when the statement comes in "I don't even know you anymore." well that is because that person was not being truly themselves. Your part is to be yourself that is all, if that person does not like it do not try to change there will be many things that you will have to meet in the middle about when you are married the school your kids go to, the house you guys live in, the paint on the walls (giggles)..... But never ever meet in the middle for who you are. That is my advice I hope I helped.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do I avoid settling for less? - HIRA - 12-17-2012, 10:56 PM
[] - Good Life by Love - 12-17-2012, 11:04 PM
[] - Dime - 12-17-2012 11:04 PM
[] - DaNewGuy - 12-17-2012, 11:04 PM